Friday, April 17, 2009

The Return of Pangya USA - Screenshots/Changes + 1st Impressions

Before The Shutdown

After The Revival


Today I was able to play one tournament game and test out the current Open Beta. The client is smooth, minimal errors, and everything looks clean and well done (No-half arsed Descriptions, etc.).

Probably the most memorable thing (Besides failing on Sepia Wind with a -18), everyone on the server became a Trap/Reverse Trap (Also Known As: "When I went to Ntreev, I became a girl"). Currently Ntreev USA is doing maintenance to fix these small things, but overall I am very happy with the transfer.

Mostly all the points that I highlighted in this post last month were covered, and for that I applaud them:
  • Everyone's Pang was reset to the starting 3000 Pang.
  • Every item previously owned was transferred completely intact.
  • Course records were reset.
Some Notes:
  • Scout is now named "Nuri".
  • Phoenixes are now called "Comets" (To fit the "Swing for the Heavens")
  • A18-Related Logos were all cleaned and changed to "Pangya" (Particularly the Guild Battle Winners Shirts)
From my experiences in Grand Chase, Ntreev knows how to run events, keep things balanced, and are very open to ideas/receptive to their community. It is with this hope I can see new events and a greater sense of community once more, and meet the people that I've lost, again on the greens.

Some Hopes:
  • Custom Tourney Option Once Again (Been Waiting For These)
  • Better Events/Non-Generic x2 XP/Pang Days
  • Open-mindedness to Voice Clubs and Associated In-Game Items (JP voices, Special Clubs/Items from Other Servers)
  • Season 4 Not Far From Arriving (Grand Chase is releasing characters at a standard rate, so I assume they will follow with their Pangya releases)
Some fun screenshots for your pleasure.

Various Random Photos with Old Vets/Players:


Extra: I find taking photos of my characters in different settings/outfits like a Photo Shoot entertaining. I actually took a lot of sad-face photos of the other couple of girls in the case nothing was transferred/server was gone forever. Seeing as we're in the good now, I present the "Sadface: Before the Shutdown" Arin and Hana pictures. It's nothing big, but I did put some effort into them. Too bad my username could not be removed....

Arin:Hana:

With that, I hope to see all of you on the greens, and look forward to having a wonderful time on Pangya USA.

~Chun

1 comment:

Ashtro said...

Hey chun.

yeahhhhhh I have learned a lot since those days. Those 260 HWI's I would be pretty scared to use lol.

If you go to Ntreev pangya forums, go to tips & tricks section. I have made a topic based on making a hwi list, if you follow those steps, using your data, you can make a list & work off that.

I do my working in cells, then convert to a measuring method called power bars. This involves playing 640 by 480, & using the power bar as a ruler. if you * 5 / 1.078 your aim, it will convert it to accurate power bar aim.

If you have more questions, feel free to e-mail me at alatimer88@hotmail.com I'll be more than willing to help you out a lot further by teaching my entire method.

& sure, we can trade links, but how do we do that? I'm a blogger noob haha.